WE PLAY TO LEARN AND LEARN TO PLAY
A SAFE AND FUN ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR CHILD
BUILDING THE FOUNDATIONS FOR YOUR CHILD'S FUTURE
A POSITIVE, HAPPY, FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT
A SAFE, NURTURING ENVIRONMENT
- Two spacious rooms, arranged to facilitate play, creativity and independence
- A large and secure garden, supporting investigative and physical play
- A strong key person system nurturing each child as an individual
VARIED AND FUN ACTIVITIES
- Fun and varied activities to extend individual interests
- Opportunities to play, build friendships and develop social skills
- Knowledgeable and forward thinking implementation of the EYFS curriculum
- Involving parents to extend children's learning
GETTING READY FOR BIG SCHOOL!
- Lots of support to develop independence and resilience
- Opportunities to make choices and decisions
- Encouraging language skills in preparation for reading later on
- Developing gross and fine motor skills, essential for writing in the future
OLNEY PRE-SCHOOL NEWS
Here's a link to our current Newsletter:- Newsletter Sept 14
Over the past year we have had several big fundraising events including our Christmas Shopping evening, our sponsored pancake races and stall at the main Pancake race, Cherry Fair stall and tea towels with the children's portraits on. These have all helped to pay for our beautiful new play house which the children use every day. This year we are hoping to update our technology provision - the children love playing with our Beebots and remote control vehicles and these now need upgrading. Upcoming fundraising events include: Bag2school collection on Wednesday 8th October (deliver to pre-school by 9.30am at the very latest) Creative Camera will take portraits of the children on Thursday 16th October (great Christmas presents!) - children who don't normally attend on Thursdays and sibling groups are all welcome - appointment sheet available at pre-school Christmas shopping evening on Friday 28th November in The Olney Centre - come and enjoy a glass of wine whilst browsing a selection of cards, gifts, books and craft stalls.
- BUGS AND ILLNESSESBUGS AND ILLNESSES
Please call pre-school on 01234 240042 if your child is ill and unable to attend their session. We request that children are kept away from pre-school for 48 hours after the end of a tummy bug or similar. More information can be found for specific illnesses from your key person or the illness exclusion guidance poster (found on the board at the entrance to pre-school or in your Guide to Olney Pre-School.
- PRE-SCHOOL LIFEPRE-SCHOOL LIFE
A big thank you to Viking Direct as we've recently been donated some great craft resources by them including glitter and card. Here's some great spider webs that we've made and look out for more in the run up to Christmas! Have a look at their website www.viking-direct.co.uk for more craft materials.